Wednesday, December 15, 2010

15 Dec 2010

This morning we walked pass  and have " mee hoon soup" in a stall at road side. Niang took the    chance to talk to the stall owner and told them that we will bring Christmas gifts for their children soon. On the way back, niang also show me some lousy wooden houses. we may bring the Christmas blessing to the poorer people there, too. Gotta get both our gifts and faith ready to approach them!

In the afternoon, I had an English lessen for a retired lady who stays next to us. I taught her tenses and it took me about 1.5 hour. Before I started the lesson, she asked me a question:" Why you are willing to teach me without charging any fee?" It was a great chance to share God's love! Although niang had asked me to get prepared to answer this question, yet I was still stumbled at that time. I told her that becuase God loves us, so we  would like to share God's love with the Thai, and happy to befriend them. That's why I am here.

After the lesson, she thank me and told me she really would like to do something for me. I suggested that we may have a meal together on Christmas day and she suggested a vegetarian restaurant nearby. However, pastor and niang told me better to be careful not to give the wrong impression that I want her to give me a treat as the reward of teaching her English. Because for her, she might still think that it is impossible to have free English lesson, we must have agenda... May God teaches me with wisdom and gentleness in attitude and word of mouth.

Besides that, the neighbor lady told me she would like to learn something more interesting, preferably not grammar... Hmm, what is more interesting and meaningful worth learning for her?

In the evening, we went to church for song practice and prayer meeting, again, in Thai. On they way, we  passed by Sayam sequey, a very beautiful shopping area. Aha, added it into my visiting list after Christmas.

I though the prayer meeting will be a boring one but thank God for a sister beside me. She kept translating for me so that I wasn't left out from the prayer team. While for the song practice and rehearsal, I realize that I still have a big room for improvement... Gotta play more at home!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Elin, my name is John. I read a lot of blogs on religion and prayer and I've i feel like I've ended up here once before. I'd love to hear your thoughts about this prayer exchange website PrayerMarket.com I thought it was an interesting idea and would be curious to hear what you (or other Christians) think about it

    I'll check back here in the next day or two, thanks & God bless
    John W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you John for sharing! It is my first time to come across a website like this, to pray for anybody from different background and countries without meeting them or talking to them. I think it can be a very convenient tool for Christians to support each other through prayer.

    ReplyDelete