Monday, December 20, 2010

16 Dec 2010


After English lesson with Joy and May today, niang invited them for dinner together. It was a warm and enjoyable dinner, we spoke mostly Thai, then translated into English or Chinese... Joy suggested that we may call it ban nanachat - international house. Yup, with God be our Lord, we can be one family regardless of our nationalities and races. Praise the Lord!

Before I slept, pastor, niang and I had a short 'meeting' for our Christmas. On the 22nd, we will be delivering gifts for the poorer children stay nearby us and the children in Salom House, 24th we might have a Christmas dinner for the clerks, security guards and cleaners in our block. May God's will be done, and the birth of Jesus Christ be glorified in this Christmas season!

Niang also asked how I felt about this trip so far. To be frank, I actually expected to have tougher life but thank God that pastor family has treated me so well and Bangkok is a developed, convenient city so thanks God that I am still healthy and feeling easy. Besides, through living with pastor and niang, listening to their happiness and hardship living as a missionary in Thailand, I had learnt a lot, too. Besides, now I am fully understood how severe is traffic jam in Bangkok, please avoid traveling during 4.30pm-9.00pm here, or else...

In addition, I never know that Tom Yam tastes so nice! A cuisine can taste the best only in its origin… Here, Tom Yam is cooked with numerous you-can-name-it types of herbs and spices, fresh uncooked prawn, and even white fungus! Even for me, whom can't really stand spicy food, also can fall in love with Tom Yam's unbeatable combination of sour and spicy tastes, you can imagine how wonderful it is...


No comments:

Post a Comment